If you find nutrition information confusing, now you can find the guidance you need to achieve your nutritional goals.
Deb began her career as clinical dietitian in a hospital where she loved helping patients understand modified diets to improve their health. Later Deb opened a private practice to reach a greater number of people and do what she loves – helping them happily achieve their nutritional goals. The name Approach Nutrition was chosen when Deb found herself saying to her clients “What approach would you like to take?” while they were collaborating on the best nutrition plan.
“I CAN to help you discover how to enjoy what you eat and choose foods that will help you feel great.”
Deb tailors programs to the specific needs of her clients. Deb has consulted for several medical offices, including a large pediatric and adult allergy and immunology practice. Whether it’s for yourself or your family, now is the time to get a jump start on a healthy eating plan.
Deb loves to talk and write about food and nutrition. Many lay and professional groups have enjoyed her presentations. She loves getting the nutrition message out through the media, has been featured in magazines, newspapers, websites, and on tv and radio talk shows. One of her favorites media jobs was when USA Today hired her to help a woman lose weight after having a baby. Deb’s guidance helped the woman change her eating habits to eat healthy, lose weight, and look great. The story was a 2 page feature article in USA Today.
Deb is ready to help you too!
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Misericordia University
- Graduate studies in Counseling Psychology, Kutztown University
- Doctoral studies in Nutrition, La Salle University
- Certified LEAP Therapist, Oxford Biomedical Technologies, Inc.
- ServSafe Certification, National Restaurant Association
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Keystone Award, Pennsylvania Dietetic Association
- Volunteer Award, American Lung Association
- Pennsylvania Press Club Writing Awards
- Service Award, Nutrition Entrepreneurs
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneur Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group
- Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Tampa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy
- Nutrition Advisor, Medical Advisory Team, Kids With Food Allergies, The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America